Monday, February 2, 2009

First ever Kung fu dream

I have no idea how or why this happened but last night I had my first kung-fu dream. It was fun. All of my buddies and I doing some sweet moves to the greatest ever kung fu anthem classic (Carl Douglas – kung fu fighting. If you don’t know and like this song you should be shot… or force fed raisins). The setting was also brilliant, a seaside dock on a sunny day (I think it was somewhere in the far east judging from the amount of bamboo)

Maybe it will happen again tonight. It could be a series! I’ve been disappointed by series dreams before though, you always get the ‘to be continued…’ bit but the next episode never shows.

Of course some would say ‘eebee. Why don’t you just take up real kung fu?’ and I would have a number of reasons for saying no:

• Never! That’s like offering me to slowly impale myself with a blunt cooking utensil or judge pop idols (Dream kung fu is fun because it doesn’t hurt).
• One needs an opponent in kung fu and I would hate to have to unleash the wrath of Eebee-wan Kenobi on any innocent person. I havn’t ever done this before so I’m expecting the outburst to be of epic proportions.
• They will make/have made a Kung fu simulator that can be played on pc at any time. I could get my painless kung fu kicks almost as good as (if not better than) dream kung fu.

So there.

(I’ll try to post Carl Douglas – kung fu fighting mp3 for those of you that don’t want to be shot or force fed raisins. Alternatively, ask and I will email to you)

4 comments:

Helen said...

that song is so terrible it's awesome! I''ll have to dig it out and listen to it again now, with the mental imge of you doing kung-fu added to the mix!

sarah said...

i love watching my kids do martial arts at school. these little japanese kiddies are so amazingly agile ... i am glad that they like me... ;) could be dangerous

Luke said...

Dude, you should totally do Kung Fu! I did Taekwondo (spelling?) for about a month and it kicked arse! It was AWESOME!!! And we were learning all the basics, so we didn't have to fight anyone!

EEbEE said...

I can do martial arts without having to fight anyone.....

hmmm. I can't say that fully understand how that works.