Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Conferencing 101

So here I am at Zoological Society of Southern Africa (ZSSA) conference. Today was registration day and tomorrow is dooms day...

Why doomsday you ask?

I just found out that I'm going to be presenting my thesis in the first session of the first day! Not to mention the changed format of the conference. The last time there were several venues with different talks. So you choose the one you were most interested in and attended. This year they decided to have ONE venue so basically each speaker presents their work to EVERYONE else.

My vision of presenting my work to a small (20-50 people) group of enthusiasts in a cozy lecture theater has been utterly trashed. Instead, I will stand on a stage in a Massive hall, my voice booming on the PA system, presenting my work to around 400 hard core scientists.

EEEEK!

(EEbEE has fainted...)

(the end)

3 comments:

Helen said...

You can do it EEbEE! I'm thinking happy thughts for you, from now until after your talk at 12!

EEbEE said...

I think I may just have pulled it off hey.

Judging from the response...unless people were just being polite which is pretty likely (would you ever tell anyone that their presentation was crap?)

although I nearly peed myself...

and after the talk, my throat was full of this wierd thick greasy frothy phlegm (YUCK!!!) which I think is a sign that you have had a near death experience.

sarah said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay eebeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

ps where is the rest of the mas scientist story?????????