Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Maddish Scientist part two: Journey to the inner mind

I received a letter yesterday, to be honest, it freaked me out a bit. I woke up and there, on my desk ,was a gray envelope containing the message below. The REALLY freaky thing about this message was how well it related to my previous post. The first post was just something I made up or at least something I thought I had made up... I didn't even know where I was going with it before this letter showed up.


Just read the letter...


Mad scientist log 16 July 2009,

After decades of toiling, I’ve finally completed my miracle solution. Its properties are unique and quite astounding. Years of sourcing rare ingredients, traveling, failed attempts and pioneering alchemical techniques have finally paid off. The solutions secret ingredients and preparation techniques will go with me to the grave. For in the wrong hands, it can be used to devastating effect. I must safeguard it for the sake of humanity (well, not really but it makes me feel more important when I say it like that). Also, I’ve worked bloody hard on it, why should I share… surely a mad scientist is entitled to hone a sliver of selfishness.


You see ever since I was a child I’ve been ridiculed “look here comes that demented boy, lets throw overripe figs at him…” the other kids would say. They constantly mocked me, belittled me and made me ashamed of myself. I wouldn’t respond to their abuse, would you if it was just you and a tuna sandwich against a group of 13 year old boys with beards?


In any case, one fateful school day we all had to stand in the front of the class and give a 5 minute talk on what we wanted to become when we grew up. Each child went to the front and stuttered their way through a badly rehearsed speech on becoming a doctor, lawyer, teacher or some such rot… I, on the other hand, presented the vision of my future as a great interviewer. I would meet, talk to and question some of the most talented and famous humans alive. I would have my own studio and audience. My show would be broadcast to the world!!!


To my dismay, my talk was received by the class in the same manner I was. They pointed, sniggered and even openly laughed at me (even Mr Brandt, the teacher, visibly struggled to contain him self). Were these goons bent on destroying my self confidence and utterly ruining my dreams? It was at that point that something inside of me snapped.


The passive, emotionless, rotten fig covered boy with tuna breath would never be the same…


From that day on, my brow was riveted into a permanent frown. My eyes peered through shrunken narrow slits under the weight of my temple, the load of my anger, the burden of my emotion and the determination to prove THEM wrong. I shunned the light, stayed away from social interactions with others and longed for the activities of the day to end so I could return to my quarters wherein I could continue the relentless pursuit of my goal.


This solution is the key. It will grant me access to the inner mind. A different dimension if you must. The inner mind is that neglected part of the human brain that perceives the world differently to the easily controlled and manipulated outer mind. The workings of the inner mind are sometimes perceived when people act on instinct to make a split second decision, have recollections of things that never happened and is quite possibly even related to this women’s intuition I’ve heard about.


In any case the inner mind tends to be subdued and passive in most humans. People who deny its existence and actively restrain their inner minds suffer subconscious inner mind attacks or SIMAs as I like to call them. Simas are perceived by the average human as a nightmare. Instead of acknowledging and nourishing their inner mind after a Sima, an ignorant person would simply shrug it off, have a cup of tea and go back to bed.


So back to the topic. Inner minds, contrary to their name, are not contained within ones head. When a person is asleep, their inner mind is uncaged and allowed to roam in a dimension I call the “inner mind dimension” or IMD (that’s the best I could do I’m afraid). Rules are different in the IMD, Newtons laws don’t even apply. It is altogether, a very easy to manipulate environment (although some prior knowledge of the dimension does help one to take advantage of this).


With practice, I should be able to use my solution to roam the IMD with my outer mind! The physical world rejected me and stopped me from achieving my lifelong goals. Now I can escape. I’m free to live my life and pursue my goals in the IMD. As for my communication with the physical world, I will do my best to enlighten people willing to learn about the IMD and become aware of their own neglected minds.


Baby steps… they will come.


I have decided to relay my adventures in the IMD to a single mystery man who tells me that he will spread the word in his own way. I don’t understand him or the way he works, all I know is that I can trust him (his inner mind told me so).

3 comments:

EEbEE said...

I'm a terrible liar... just go with it.

I'm just giving myself free reign over a whole new dimension here. The possibilities are endless! I'm So EXCITED!!!

sarah said...

i believed you until about half way in :p

i am so gullible!!!!

Jessica Jane said...

your writing style gave you away eebs. But enjoy it. I look forward to more installments in "Times New Roman italic font".