Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Was I meant to be born when I was born?

After having a short conversation about birthdays with the Raven-disciple (happy birthday for tomorrow btw…I’ll dedicate this post to you seeing as I’m too far away to give you a real present) I started wondering how appropriate historical events occurring on MY birthday are to my personality…



I mean, surely if everything happens for a reason, there would be some reason for my being birthed on the 24th of July. Who can argue with that logic…



So I did some research (a google search for “24th July”) to see what amazing stuff happened on the day I was born. I was expecting stuff like “peace treaty signed between two warring nations” or “breakthrough in modern hygiene”… geez even a famous birthday would have done the trick “Darwin was born on this day” for example. Instead, I found these…



1411 – Some Scotsmen with issues have a big fight and everyone dies.


1847 - 148 Mormon Pioneers establish Salt Lake City. (Mormons! Seriously!!!)


Various years – I found out that loads of ships sink and (for some strange reason) mudslides occur on my birthday drowning/killing hundreds of innocent people… (perhaps I should stay away from ocean cruises… …and mudslides!?)


1948 - Marvin the Martian makes first appearance on Looney Tunes (this could mean that either me and 1/365th of the worlds population are ALIENS or…well nothing)


Various years – loads of mediocre novelists, mediocre cricketers and mathematicians I know nothing about were born on 24th July too.


In terms of 24th July celebrities, I went through a list of around 200 and only recognized ONE name (I clearly don’t read enough Heat magazine)...

…and here she is!


Jennifer Lopez – I could claim that she is a double whammy, being both a singer and an actor, were it not for the fact that she can’t actually sing …or act. She isn’t even pretty (the famous ass is disproportionate and hilarious in my opinion (someone should tell her…)).


Okay in all fairness there were 2 useful things that happened on the 24th July. For instance:


1823 - Slavery was abolished in Chile (Score!)



1911 Machu Picchu rediscovered by …some dude (I have always wanted to visit this place).



The most amazing events in recorded history (I’m sure that there are millions) have a 1 in 365 chance of falling on the 24th of July. Yet all I got was some crazy Scotsmen having a drunken punch up and numerous insignificant disasters. Honestly who cares if California had a heat wave in 1935 on the 24th July… if THAT can merit its way onto the Wiki list they must be desperate!



I must change this! I need to bring honour to the day of my birth!



Watch this space.




(So what happened on your birthday? It can't suck as badly as 24th July I'll bet...)

6 comments:

Helen said...

Lucky you! I get the Virginia Tech massacre and the discovery of LSD!

Sim said...

Mozart's sister was born on the 30th of July. I think some space shit also happened then. I'm too lazy to google.

EEbEE said...

Discovery of LSD... that explains a lot... ;)

Also Simi, Mozart would have been impressive. his sister... what did she do?

po said...

Hey, I want to check my birthday now! Mormons, yeah, you must be cool if you are linked to Mormons ;)

EEbEE said...

See the Conquering Mormons come...

...oh wait no...

:D

EEbEE said...

http://www.tnl.net/when/today

this is a good link to check your day. sweet and short (and not filled with catastophes)