Monday, January 12, 2009

1st prize candidate for stupidest pet award

I'd like to nominate my colony of guppies for this award.

Today I saw one of the larger fish taking a dump in the water at the top of the tank. Okay this is understandable, there isn't a toilet in there... But that's not the point. On the way to floor of the tank this turd was eaten and spat out by six other fish. SIX! I only have eight fish in the tank and one of them created the poo.

So basically I have one guppy that knows the difference between the brightly coloured fish flakes I feed them (twice a day at exactly the same times) and its own long brown excrement.

Honestly! I now have reason to believe that my guppies are less intelligent than a gem-squash (I mean have you ever seen any gem-squashes eating their own faecal matter...well, if they could, they wouldn't, so there).

BLeuYUCK!

Maybe they need more oxygen in their water or something. I'm a little concerned.

Anyway from this day forth I will refer to people that have fallen off the bottom of the stupid scale (and Rihanna) as 'guppies'. Why? because there isn't a word to describe these extreme levels of annoying idiot behaviour yet.

4 comments:

sarah said...

i refer to cher as a cockroach

because if there were to be a large meteor attack and everything was destroyed on planet earth, then only cher and the cockroaches would survive

Helen said...

I don't know, I would have a longer list: post-apocalypic earth would be populated by Cher, cockroaches, hadedas and parkown prawns...

Luke said...

Actually, I was reading in this fantastic book that I got for christmas that it turns out that while cockroaches will survive the levels of radiation that kill humans, they end up sterile, so they'd only be around for a little while. Wasps on the other hand need ridiculously high amounts of radiation to have any effect on them!

EEbEE said...

wasn't that on Mythbusters. I recall moths as having quite high levels of radiation tolerance. In any case I'm sure the radiation will cause such rapid mutation rates that nobody would be able to even tell what the surviving organisms originally used to be (with the exception of Cher of course).