Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Worlds most expensive pumpkin

I innocently walked to Spar yesterday with the intention of purchasing some veggies and snacks. It's pretty dangerous these days so I don't ever carry more than R400 with me to do shopping. Just a precaution in case one is robbed. What I had not expected was who would be doing the robbing that day. Have a look at this supermarket checkout slip...

Just in case to font size is too small at the top...


The offending item... an 8 pack of baby gemsquash. Needless to say, I decided that I could do without baby gemsquash for supper.

(exchange rate at time of writing R/$ ± 10 to 1,
R/BP ± 14 to 1,
R/Euro ± 13.5 to 1)

4 comments:

Helen said...

maybe they were really NICE baby marrows? Or gold-plated and diamond-encrusted?

Luke said...

Wow...thank goodness you didn't buy a watermelon! Imagine...

My word-verification word is 'shnonsuf'. Defenition: a dangerous sugary concoction sold at fairgrounds the world over...

EEbEE said...

Notice the peanut brittle on my shopping list...

I actually have to buy the stuff now. nobody pays up anymore. There are like 20 people that owe me peanut brittle.

sarah said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha

that is HIL_ARIOUS!!!!