Wednesday, November 24, 2010

New on supermarket shelves in SA


I was in Pick 'n Pay today when I noticed this product on the shelves for the first time. Why did Kellogg's think it would be a good idea to name a breakfast cereal 'Smack' (unless said cereal contained a certain 'secret ingredient')! I mean honestly! do they think people will need their fix of smack in the mornings? Does the name guarantee a long term customer from a particular segment of buyers?



I'm not so sure... The frog/lizard thing seems to be very excited about the whole deal though, suspiciously so in my opinion. Have you ever seen a cereal box character with as big a smile???



Stay well away from this one friends, it gives me the heebee djeebeez

3 comments:

Luke said...

I once sat in on a market research session for Kellogs. Trust me, those people are not above putting 'special ingredients' into their products...

Luckily for me I start my day with toast, so smack-laiden cereal won't interfere with my day :)

CaptainD said...

Gotta taste better than Pro-Nutro though... my South African wife thinks it's wonderful, insisted I try it - I've rarely tasted anything so disgusting! Well...e xcept maybe Biltong... :-D

(I do like some SA food btw!)

EEbEE said...

I'm more of a mielie meal porridge in the morning man myself. I do enjoy the occasion bowl of 'sugar bomb' kiddies cereal though (especially in the weekends!). Maybe it would be safer sticking to local brands like Bokomo to be safe...

As for Pro-Nutro, It's great stuff Cap'n! You just need to keep adding milk because it has this ability to magic the stuff away if you don't finish your bowl 30 seconds after pouring in the liquid. Also a must to have it with honey. MmmmMmmm!